Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My first quilt


This was my first quilt. I never sewed growing up. My mom is an incredible seamstress, so naturally I wanted to do the opposite as my mom. I learned to love it as I got a little older. I am not very good, but I sure have fun doing it. Working with the incredible fabrics that are available are what make it so fun for me. This quilt was done by machine applique. My great grandmother, Ethel May Piper, taught my mom. I love passing an art form down from generation to generation.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, your quilt is beautiful. I am in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,
    Your quilt is beautiful!
    What a wonderful talent!
    Isn't it interesting that as we mature, we find that our mother's really did and do know best!
    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete